Saturday 12 May 2012

LA Colors - Swatches and Fun Part One

Hi Everyone!

I have some more nail pictures to share with you today - all courtesy of my friend Beth. Again! (Fairy Glam-Mother, or what?)

We decided to send each other a parcel of lovely things - aka nail polish! Woot!

I sent her a few of my favourite bargains, including a Color Club set I'll tell you about soon. She sent me a BOX of LA Colors polishes. A BOX! I was somewhat excited by this. That is somewhat of an understatement, but you get the idea! She sent me so many, I'll have to do two posts. Woot!!

LA Colors are available from Beauty Base stores, and are only 99p each. And, they are pretty awesome as nail polishes go. A generous sized bottle - 13ml each, a great brush and a fantastic formula. Surprisingly (for me) I've had very little clean up when using these polishes. The formula is often thick, but in a pleasing way - one coat normally gives great coverage, two is enough for complete coverage - however, I did still have a bit of VNL with one or two polishes. A couple were a bit thinner, and need three coats - but that's not exactly a hardship!

I only have two gripes. One: The lids feel really thin, like I might break it if I'm too heavy handed.Two: The UK stores are all in London or Middlesex. The lids are not a major issue - If I can handle the annoyance of the tiny, iddy biddy lids on OPI minis, then these are fine. I just might cry if I actually break one. Travelling all the way down to London - not an easy task for me. I am a few years overdue a trip to the big city, so maybe I'll just have to save up and go! And get me some more polish when I do haha!

So, without further ado, we have part one of my new LA Colors polish collection! Ta Dahhhh!!

From L-R: Apricot, Magnetic Force, Lightning, Cactus and Sassy Sparkle

 Apricot. This is a gorgeous peachy orange, or maybe an orangey peach. It's a jellyish polish - hence the VNL, but has a nice thick consistency, and a beautiful subtle shimmer running through it.

Natural Light
Flash

Flash


























Here it is again with Sassy Sparkle over the top! Pretty!!


Natural Light
Flash



Magnetic Force is a stunning bright coral colour, with a shimmery gold streak running through it. This is a Summer go-to polish if ever I saw one. Fingers, toes, whatever. It's a beauty! Application was lovely too.

Natural Light
Flash


Lightning is another Summer bright - a more pink toned coral without the streak. This is more jelly-like in my opinion (more VNL) but this is only two coats. A third would have lessened the VNL, but wouldn't have been necessary with a nude base. Doh!

Flash
Natural Light

Cactus is a bit more complex - it has an almost purplish black jelly base, with a ton of antique gold shimmer. The finished effect gives an olive toned gold. I used three coats for full coverage and fell in love with this polish. This will be my Autumn go-to, I am already planning ahead!

Natural Light


Flash


Flash
So far, I fully recommend LA Colors polishes. I am loving the ones I have tried. Fantastic colours, great application and a brilliant price. They all seem to dry pretty quickly too, which is always good! I'm a busy girl, doncha know, I can't sit around watching paint dry! Even if it is pretty paint!  Anyway, go get some!! If you can, if not, I will be feeling your pain. /Sigh.

Part Two coming sooooooon!!

Love Charlotte x



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x