Friday 1 June 2012

Stamping Manicures

Hi Everyone,

Today I am going to share a stamped manicure with you - something I haven't done for a long long time! I seem to go through phases of preferred nail art techniques, but after my friend Jo bought herself a stamping set, I got all nostalgic for my own stamping plates!

So, out they came! I have a Bundle Monster plate collection, which is awesome, but so much cheaper than the Konad versions. For around £20, I purchased a pack of 25 plates. A Konad plate normally costs about £5. For one.

I used a base coat of Nails Inc's Power Pink from In Style magazine -  see here for the original review. I used plate number 223 for the tiger print effect, and stamped it using LA Colors Fiji Purple - which worked relatively well.




Regrettably, there were a few patches where the stamp didn't quite reach on the nail - I think its because of how much my nails curves inwards personally. I tried to amend this using my stamping polish and a toothpick, but this is really noticeable in the photos. Sorry!

I am, however pleased with the overall effect, especially the combination of colours! I am also rather aware that this much animal print, coupled with bright pinks means that I'm a shoulder pad away from time-travelling back to the eighties! For the record, I am more a Hall and Oates girl than a Wham girl.There, I said it. Deal with it please!

For the rest of the day, I shall mostly be humming Private Eyes.

Have a great day,

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x