Sunday 29 July 2012

Summer Flames

Hi Everyone,

Seeing as everyone in the UK, and pretty much everyone else on the planet Twitter has been talking about the Olympic Opening Ceremony - and more specifically the lighting of the Torch, I had flames in mind when painting my nails for last night's outing.

We were off out for a meal to celebrate my Brother's birthday, and of course, the nail polish fiend in the family had to do something with her claws!






For my flame inspired mani, I started with a black glossy base. I used Bourjois Ultra Shine Noir de Chine. Although not typical flame-esque colours, I am a complete sucker for purples and bright pinks. I used OPI's Pamplona Purple, and Leighton Denny's Plush Pink. How's about that for alliteration - Pamplona Purple Plush Pink?!

I started with a few blobs of the purple on the tip of my nail, and using a pin, I dragged it up in varying swirls and flicks. I left it to dry slightly and then added the pink in the same manner. I sealed it with a top coat, and I was done!

This is my first time doing a manicure with pins. Whilst not ah-may-zing, I was happy with my finished result! I love the colour combination, and the flame effect is so cool!

Either way, I hope you like it! Have you done a mani like this before? I would love to see any pictures of yours!

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x