Friday 3 August 2012

MAC Dazzlesphere Collection

Hi Everyone!

Today I would like to share a few swatches from the MAC Dazzlesphere gift set, which my lovely Brother and Sister-in-Law bought for me for my birthday, back in March.

For some reason, I totally though that it was called a Sparkleglobe. I seem to be making things up in my head. At least I was close haha!!

 Anyway, first up is my personal favourite from this collection, Dark Angel. This is two coats of a fabulous vampy grape purple cream, despite being labelled as a frost on the bottle. It's very opulent and rich, and a perfect colour for those dark Wintery days and nights! Alas, out of all of the colours in this collection, I found this the hardest to apply. It's a bit streaky, and hard to control. But still, it's a gorgeous colour!




Next is a beautiful pink toned nude, called Style Tip. I have found this polish to be very versatile, and have used it a fair few times. I'm thinking I might need a full sized bottle, when I get a bit of spare cash... Or find myself near a MAC counter... This is much easier to apply, and again, I'm showing two coats for these swatches.





Now we have MAC Much Adored. I tried applying three coats of MA on it's own on my ring finger and pinky, but it was a bit too sheer for my liking. You can see my icky nails underneath! I'm not a fan of my own bare nails... I won't be using it on it's own - rather as I've shown on my index and middle finger, where I have one coat layered over Style Tip. It's a pearlescent finish, with a nice warm shimmer to it and very nice to apply.





Finally, last but certainly not least, is MAC Mistletoe. This is a frosty metallic green, tinged with what I would call an antique gold. It applies nicely, but dries with visible brush strokes. The finish and colour combination reminds me a lot of Chanel Peridot, the sought after colour for 2011, however this has less of the bronzey duochrome effect. Still, you can see how the colour changes between natural light and the flash. In it's own right, this polish is still fairly unique - I haven't seen many that are like this! When you get it, the green is beautiful and vibrant.





With regards to wear, I really can't comment as I haven't used any of these for a full mani - only for these swatches. However, they have made me more curious about what else MAC has to offer in the nail polish department!

Do you have any favourites from MAC? Let me know!

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x