Wednesday 15 August 2012

Update: Belle Gel Nails

Hi Everyone,

It's been just over a week since I applied my Belle Gel gel nails, and I am still very impressed. I can not recommend them enough!!



I have had a few incidents with my nails - a few little chips here and there, and two minor peeling occasions on my right hand - which were applied with my almost useless left hand. I will be blunt - I put this down to my own clumsiness at work, and my own errors during application.

I could have buffed my nails better. I don't like doing it, as my nails are relatively thin anyway. The file supplied would take chunks out of my nails. Scary! Next time - and there WILL be a next time, I will use my own buffer.

I overlapped onto skin. Rookie mistake - this is simply what happens when you go over skin. The skin moves and it secretes oils, the gel will lift.

I should have done thicker coats - I am clumsy when I'm stressed and busy, so really, a thicker gel would help protect them. I lost maybe three tiny chips from my nails, one of which came away leaving the gel intact.

And during the daily paint, I may have accidentally used polish remover with acetone in once. That's really silly of me. Oooops!

To summarise, these nails have endured:

7 days in hell busy retail
Hair washing -  even straight after application
Shower scrubs with oil in
General housekeeping, cooking and cleaning
Polish application and removal
All sorts of moisturisers and beauty products


I have been cruel to these nails, when you think about it. But they have still been good to me. They have withstood test after test and survived - mostly. These have lasted equally as well as the gel nails I have had applied in salons in the past. I'm going to take them off today, but only because I want to play with other goodies. I WILL be using this kit again (and again) - in fact I already have a few ideas up my sleeves!

The Belle Gel kit is brilliant. My poor colleagues have had to hear me ramble on about how much I love my gel nails on a daily basis. Most of them are male. If you have been considering it, I urge you to try it. And still, awesome packaging!


Starter Kit £59.95 from www.bellegel.co.uk, currently with free postage and packing on orders over £40.

Additional gels (12 colours available) at £12.95 each.
 

If you get a kit, I hope you love it as much as I do,

Love Charlotte x


This update is all, as always, from my own thoughts and opinions. I have not been paid for this review, not am I affiliated with Belle Gel. I just like to give my readers as much information as possible!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x